- Gordon has been a volunteer for 42 years.
- Became a member of Belgrave Harriers in 1953 undertaking numerous roles including Road Running Captain, Road and Cross Country Team Manager from 1969 to 1987.
- Secretary of the Road and Cross County Management Committee from 1988 to the present day.
- Organiser/Co-ordinator of all Belgrave Harriers major Road and Cross Country promotions includes 25 years as organiser and race director of the Belgrave & Southern Counties 12 Stage Road Relay and Belgrave 20 mile Road Race since 1969.
- Served on the General Committee, Social Secretary in the early 1960ís, and currently Secretary of their Past Presidents Committee since 1991.
- Made a Life Member in 1970; became President in 1986/87, and was appointed a trustee of the Club in 2002.
- Represented Belgrave Harriers on the Surrey County AA Committee for several years, as well as the South of the Thames Cross Country Association and was past President in 1984/1985.
- Club representative on the South of England AA General Committee in 1993.
- Been a member of the SEAA Road Running & Cross Country Working Groups for eleven years.
- Was appointed Vice President of the SEAA in 2006/07 and President from 2007 to 2009, and currently their representative on the English Road Running Association.
- A qualified Timekeeper Official.