- For voluntary services to Athletics for 44 years. Since running at school and in the Army he has tended to run in longer distances including many marathons.
- Member of Herne Hill Harriers since 1954 which has seen him fill numerous roles including Life Member, past President 1966/67, 1981/82 & 1982/83, Honorary Treasurer, Track Secretary, Starter and for many years organised the Herne Hill 10 Miles Road race and at present Officials Secretary. A qualified Track, Road & Cross-Country Official.
- Road Runners Club - Member since 1955, fixtures Secretary for 15 years and past President 1993/95.
- South of Thames Cross-Country Association - Committee member since 1975, past President 1995/96
- Surrey County AA - was Hon. Secretary from 1975-1988, past President 1988/89 and present Championship Sub-Committee Secretary.
- U.K Counties Athletic Union - Committee Member since 1975, Vice President and Past Chairman 1987/88.
- South of England AA - has been Chairman of both Road Running and Cross-Country Committees, Life Member & President 1999/2000, presently Chairman of SEAA Ltd.